You can see the wingnut talking points emerging already:
- Plame really wasn't under cover, so it's not like her LIFE was in danger or anything.
- Rove didn't use her name.
- It's possible a copy of Novak's column was circulating prior to Rove's disclosure.
- Rove was just fighting disinformation. His intent was to make sure the press wasn't publishing misleading information.
- Rove didn't know Plame was an agent. He only knew she was WORKING for the CIA.
It just goes to prove that no matter how indefensible someone's actions are in this administration, the wingnuts will step up to defend. You can see this in action in the blogosphere as I type this.