Reuters is hosting a panel at its Times Square headquarters on blogging. It's by invitation only, but a colleague forwarded me the invitation. I'm trying to see if I can get a spot. The topic is "Blogs - How Accountable Is The Media?" Issues to be discussed include:
- With blogs central to the recent resignations of top journalists, is anyone holding the bloggers to account?
- Do blogs have a vital role in the national debate?
- Are they seeking the truth and exposing poor journalism?
- Or are they being used as campaigning tools to advance particular causes or points of view?
- Paul Holmes Global Editor, General & Political News, Reuters
- Stephen Baker Senior Writer, IT Group, BusinessWeek
- Jay Rosen Author, Pressthink.org, & Associate Professor NYU, Dept. of Journalism
- Bryan Keefer Assistant Managing Editor, CJR Daily
- Garrett Graff FishbowlDC.com, 1st White House Accredited Blogger
- Dave Winer Editor, Scripting News
- John Fund Columnist, OpinionJournal.com
I hope Reuters will let me come. This looks like it could be a fun one.
Update: I just received confirmation that I'm in. I'm really looking forward to this one.